Thursday, January 26, 2012

2011

So as it is almost February, then i decided that it would be about time to talk about how important was 2011 for me.

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Well the most obvious answer is that I moved to England. Alone.It's not something i'm doing every year. And that ofcourse isn't the only thing, there are so many things i did for the first time. I think that posting some photos with little descriptions is the best way to show it to you. 

Well,  it was the first time that i went to the national song and dance festival with Rea. Of course I've been there before,  but i was so small and didn't remember it so much.


Went to Tõrva to visit my relatives(yess, the coolest one is Kristin, obviously) and had AWESOME TIME, ENJOYED ALL THE CRAZY THINGS WE DO ALL THE TIME. Being afraid of murderers when camping, decorating the famous jumping tower( no not for suiciders, but i have no idea how's it in English. Jack or any other reader..HELP!?) and swimming at nighttime. 



Played table tennis @ the city center (Rotermann) with my best friend. 

ALL RELATIVES, please skip this part, all right( although now you will read extra carefully, as I have drawn attention to this)
 Had a cool hat-shisha session. ( well i dont really want to add all the shisha photos here, but this one was kinda special.. atleast photos are awesome) And i have to apologise to my dad and grandma and well.. all the other relatives who might check my blog from time to time. But that is life.... and that's just being young... :D

THE MOST AWESOME TIME WITH MY BEST FRIEND, when we met 5 am to go and take some awesome photos with my new fishlens and biking around the city(end up @ kakumäe)

 Of course we had to make a stop at Chopsticks....

Had a great B'Day party with Lisette. Thank you honeybunnies. We really should do something again this spring break.... 


Went to Tõrva again and was trapped with that ANNOYING Krisin in a ball, which was floating on water. 

 First time having a sumo-fight.
 Finally realised that what really relates us, is our retardness.
Had a slave for a day. Finally somebody did all the cleaning for me!!!!
 And Kiku's collection of photos  "how to torture and kill children" got a new item.
First time @ punk songfestival in Rakvere. 
 First 10 km running at a event called "nightrun". Thank you,  Elis! Who else would have had the courage to join me.
SANTORINI!! No more words needed:


First time taking part of a style week. 


 And running for charity with those costumes :D
And of course once in a life time, finishing 9th grade:

 And everything that came before...



Of course moving to England was the biggest change and "new challenge" for me. Totally new environment, out of my comfort zone. Meeting new wonderful people. Joining a local table tennis club, where I was very warmly welcomed , starting competing again and getting to know some table tennis players. Having all my classes in English, from time to time forgetting estonian. Doing  rock-climbing for the first time, international affairs, psychology club and of course joining Oxford Union. 2011 has been a year of great changes and opportunities. I tried to take the best out of them and even though there has been some tough times, I'm happy about where I am. This experience is just priceless and all the new people I've met.....amazing. So I suppose I could say that everything in England has been new to me. But everyone that have followed my steps through my blog have seen it and all this will continue in 2012. I'm just going to add a few photos from England, because you have seen most of them, so here they are:







Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 I don't make new years' resolutions. Don't bother to make promises that are hard to keep and i can make my "promises" any time I'd like.
What countries did you visit?
 That's going to be a long list: starting from Mauritius were I welcomed 2011, then Greece, Finland, England?,Estonia? and Singapore
What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? 
Stability. It's not that I don't like changes. It's just that after a big change one needs to get some stability. Feeling secure and stable with being here. I should also find some more time for myself. There are several things I want and need to develop in myself. My days were really busy and I hardly had any time to jsut rest and do whatever I liked. I especially had some hard time in the end of 2011, so I hope that in 2012 I'm able to organize my time a bit more wisely. Find some time for just sleeping and doing nothing. Even though I do love the fact that I have a lot of activities, I still need some rest.
What date/s from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not good at remembering exact dates, it's what you do that matters, not when you do it. 31st January was awesome.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably moving to England and slowly getting used to everything. Becoming more confident and being able to study in English. I also found out so much about myself through those great changes in my life.
What was your biggest failure?
Nothing memorable.
What was the best thing you bought?
The best things in life can not be bought :))
Where did most of your money go?
I have no idea... probably clothes or something like that. If you count pocket money and not airplane tickets etc. oh, i know.. OXFORD UNION. 
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That i really really really am going to study in England!!!!! That winter break is awesome!!!! That me and Kiku went biking 5 am. That I finished 9th grade!!!! 
What song will always remind you of 2011?
Well there were many good songs, but which one will always remind me of 2011? Homme 18-Pilvede embuses i guess. (those who know, know). OH AND STOP&STARE
Did you have any encounters with the police in 2011?
No.
What was your favorite TV program?
I didn't watch that much tv. Desperate housewives as always. 

What was the best book you read?
R.Cialdini " Psychology of persuasion
What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't listen to OneRepublic before, also some unknown bands: 


What did you want and get?

 I wanted to study in England. Now I'm here. I wanted to go to Singapore and I did. I wanted to have great time with my friends and i had amazing time! 
What did you want and not get?
 I wanted to over come some difficulties more easily, but life isn't always that easy.
Did you make any new friends this year?
 YES!!!!!!!! 
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
 I turned 16 and celebrated it first with my parents, siblings and later had a party with friends. 
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Wearing what i like basically. 
What kept you sane?
i have always been reasonable. 
Who was the best new person you met? 
Well there are a lot of people from UK who i met, I'd rather not bring out anyone specific. And then Geit of course
How do you plan to start 2012?
Started it with my best friends @ my dads apartment. No further details needed.

Where did you begin 2011?
 @ Mauritius with my family :))
How did you spend your summer? 
 Summer was just the best part of my year. All those days i spent with my friends were memorable and we did soooooooooo many things, you just can't imagine. Enjoyed every moment we had :)
What was your worst month?
Probably November and the beginning of December. I just couldn't handle anything anymore. May wa salso hard, because of studying, but i surviveeeed!!!!
Favorite night out?
All the shisha night with my friends. and the 31st of December.
What sporting events did you attend?
Table tennis competitions, rock climbing, gym. 
What was your best month?

July probably, October was also fun and exciting. 
Overall, how would you rate this year?
Generally I'm pleased with it, had the best summer of all times and moved to England in September.
Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
OUT !!!! :D at Kiku's place probably , or just biking around the city. 
Did anything embarrassing?

YESSSSSS, but i would be clearly insane to write it here.
Something new to try in 2012:
I don't usually plan those cool things ahead that much.

No comments: